The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), a global accounting body, on Friday, 11 November awarded Centenary Bank with the ACCA Approved Employer Status for Professional Development during the Members Convention gala dinner at the Lake Victoria Serena Kigo.
The award recognizes the support provided to ACCA members working with the Bank for purposes of their continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Mr Fabian Kasi, the Centenary Bank managing director, said, “This status means Centenary Bank meets ACCA’s demanding criteria for professional development, including having the policies and processes in place that allow members to meet the minimum performance experience requirements for ACCA. It is a great honour and responsibility to continuously maintain highest quality of training and development of our staff.”
The following are the benefits of being an ACCA Approved Employer;
- ACCA members in the Bank will be able to use training provided by the Bank (including online training courses) to fulfill their Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- The Bank will be able to use the ACCA Logo on their corporate stationery and advertising.
- Provides formal recognition that Centenary Bank is committed to providing learning and development opportunities to its staff with a financial background – which will enhance the bank’s reputation as an employer.
- Provides an accessible global standard which will enable Centenary Bank to compare its learning and development support against a global benchmark, enhancing the bank’s brand.
- Can help the bank attract and recruit talented people.
The ACCA Approved Employer programme recognises employers’ high standards of staff training, accountancy resources and development for their ACCA members and trainees. It enables employers to benchmark their training and development practices against ACCA’s best practice training standards and to receive global recognition for the training and development opportunities they provide.