Bank of Baroda replaces managing director

There is a new managing director at Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited.

Birbal Singh Dhaka, who was managing director from December 2013, left the position.

He was replaced by Ashwini Kumar, who took over the role on 12 April, according to a brief statement signed by the bank’s company secretary.

Bank of Baroda is listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange. Its majority shareholder, with an 80% stake, is Bank of Baroda – India. The remaining 20% – traded on the USE – are owned by individual and institutional investors.